bgsound src="http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/media/blood/blood.mp3" autostart="true" hidden="true" loop="infinite"

PensilSharpener's Power Goo: Earthquake !! Tremors Felt in KL

Rantings & stuff day in day out of my life & things around me... my toys collections, toys review & my fav. phrase "Life is hard, & will get harder.."
---- Drop me a mail at : macrossworks@yahoo.com ----

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Earthquake !! Tremors Felt in KL


Earthquake_02
Originally uploaded by PensilShapener.

Hm..something happened today...
at 0015hrs I felt dizzy as I checking out some email at work(I am working midnite shift today)
I tot I was sick, felt my whole body shaking. I stopped, placed my hand on my chest & though i was having a stress or some sort if not hearth attack as the head was moving my body was moving..
Didn't say much after awhile I went downstairs for a smoke.
Spot a few chicks downstairs with their face expression scared knew something was down!

Found out it was an EARTHQUAKE !! It was a tremor felt by the whole building ! CITIBANK Building KL was having the jolts ! Checked all our ATM was working, some guards, building management was around. Spot a few chicks downstairs with their face expression scared knew something was down! A check with the other JB & Penang branch shows they felt the tremors too... no problem arise though..
Updated my bosses & checked all other 24hr units ok.

All KL was in panic with reports of Klang Sungai Buloh, Putrajaya where residents felt the tremores & building was evacuated. Golden triangle of KL where hotels & high rise was also affected. Penang & Johor felt the most of the tremors. No sign of aftershocks or Tsunami yet..

As you can see on the pic, the earthquake was a 8.2 on richter scale(by US Geo) hitting the indonesia coast Northern Sumatra at 00:09:37 Malaysia Time on Tuesday, March 29, 2005. Pacific Tsunami Warning Center place the earthquake at 8.7 . About the same fault lines with 26Dec2004 disaster ! Sad, another hit on the island & the country would never recover. This is bad, anything bove 8 richter scale is consider large. Picture is taken from the US Geo.

Keep ya posted if we could be feeling the aftershocks. What a day, not to mention today is a special day for me too.... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger WC said...

just wat me and cherrie was saying that day...whether charlie was working late nite on that day... muahahahahahahha

william

11:30 PM

 
Blogger MiLo said...

lucky to be alive LOL

12:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home