bgsound src="http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/media/blood/blood.mp3" autostart="true" hidden="true" loop="infinite"

PensilSharpener's Power Goo: ZARD :Tribute 1967 - 2007

Rantings & stuff day in day out of my life & things around me... my toys collections, toys review & my fav. phrase "Life is hard, & will get harder.."
---- Drop me a mail at : macrossworks@yahoo.com ----

Saturday, September 15, 2007

ZARD :Tribute 1967 - 2007















It's been awhile i surf the net about Jpop with all my 14hrs work but when i find the time, I also found a sad thing, one of my favorite singer from the 90's has passed on.

She is non-other than the girl on the picture- ZARD real name Izumi Sakai.

Izumi passed away on May 27 2007. She is reported to have diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2006 and which she was recovering. On and off she was in hospital doing therapy, unfortunately, on May 27, sometime in the evening Izumi took a walk at one of the hospital exit , she slipped and fell on her head. She was found the next morning , rushed to the emergency ward and died without regaining conscious. She was only 40.

ZARD has have many, many great songs and she even sang theme song for DragonBall GT "Dan Dan KoKoro" . Songs of hers can be obtain in YouTube, Divx6 and many more fan sites. Do look it up.
Wikipedia has alsom any information about her. Search for ZARD or Izumi Sakai.

Izumi herself is also a great song writer and have wrote many great song and is said to have wrote up to 150songs comparable to Mr.Children-Kazutoshi Sakurai.

The card shown on the bottom is the memorial card given away to visitors on her funeral memorial with an engraving of her.
Her songs are great and powerful. I am sure many fans would have missed her. I have been listening to her song right after high school and even when i started working. Attached is a midi file from her song, maybe some of you may knw the song. May she rests in peace.







Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home